Cloud Hosting Choices and How To Select A Cloud Hosting Platform – SaaS, IaaS, PaaS – While cloud hosting is still in its beginning stages, cloud hosting has grown rapidly. Several hosting options are available depending on your requirements. Cloud hosting can provide the following benefits:
- Cost Savings – Cloud hosting can avoid CapEx (capital expenses) costs and reduce total IT operating costs by up to 50% while shifting to an OPEX (operating expense) model.
- Reliability – Ensure dependability with Service Level Agreements of 99.95% plus.
- Scalable – Offers scalability with on-demand services.
- Fully Managed – IT simplification for your staff.
- Predictable Pricing – Increased ROI with predictable monthly billing.
- Lower Risks – Multiple layers of data protection with security and application availability.
Understanding Cloud Hosting Service Terminology
- SaaS or Cloud Software as a Service
SaaS provides companies with the ability to use a data center to run their applications on the data center’s cloud infrastructure. The user can access their applications from a thin client interface like a web browser. The user does not have any responsibility for the managing the network, operating systems, storage component of the core cloud infrastructure. Client uses the data centers applications running on the cloud infrastructure with the exception of some user specific application configuration settings.
- IaaS or Cloud Infrastructure as a Service.
IaaS allows the client to determine the processing, storage requirements and network utilization and some other basic computing resources. Like SaaS, the client does not manage the core cloud infrastructure; however, controls the operating systems, storage, deploys their own applications and software. This comes with limited control of limited components like host firewalls.
- PaaS or Cloud Platform as a Service
This service offers clients the ability to operate their own applications utilizing program languages supported by the data center. The client can manage these applications deployed on the hosting environment. Like IaaS, the client does not manage or control the core cloud infrastructure like servers, operating systems or storage.
About DataCenterAndColocation: www.DataCenterAndColocation.com Our data center and colocation consulting company, located in San Diego California, represents approximately 3000 data centers and colocation centers across the US. At no cost to our clients, we identify specific space, power and security requirements, solicit proposals, professionally analyze them, compare the strengths and weaknesses, negotiate pricing and deliver highly competitive bids for colocation. Whether you are moving your existing colocation site, adding data center sites or establish a disaster recover site, our service is your best solution to reduce costs and free employee valuable time. Our specialty is identifying very high quality and low power cost data centers.